If you are an iPhone user, you might want to use the Facetime application designed exclusively for the ios operating system. FaceTime is a video chatting application created by Apple Inc. itself. FaceTime is available for all the mobile devices that operate on iOS and on the Macintosh computers that have their 10.6.6 and above. The FaceTime camera uses its camera the moment the application is run called insight Camera. Not just that but the FaceTime Audio can also be available on any iOS device and Macintosh that has a front-facing camera. Check steps to fix FaceTime not working error below.
Let us discuss the possibilities of problems occurring while using the FaceTime application and how to deal with such errors and see if there are no bugs, the limitations, the possibilities and the like. One of the many frequently occurring problems is the FaceTime not working Error When activating or initializing the FaceTime application, you would sometimes get the following messages:
- Waiting for activation
- Unsuccessful Activation
- Activating error
- There might be problem with your network
Facetime Not Working? Try These Solutions:
To deal with such an issue, You could try the following steps:
- Make sure if your device is connected to your cellular network or Wi-Fi network. (If you are using an iPhone, you could be asked to verify your account using as SMS sent to your phone. Based on your SIM plans, you will be charged. )
- Sometimes the application could be interrupted because of mismatch of the time zones. So change the time & date settings by going into Settings>General>Date and Time.
- There might be some bugs that could cause interruption during the launch of the application. So you might want to close the app and launch it again.
- If the problem pertains, check the version of the iOS you are on to because it supports only iOS 7 or greater on any iOS device and 10.6.6 version in Macintosh.
- You can always contact the Apple for the support.
- Sometimes you might want to download the application all over again just in case there might have been some download error while downloading.
- If you were having trouble in your Macintosh device, you could make sure if your email is verified. By which you could get a verification link.
Facetime Not Working – History & More:
These are the possible solutions that you could try out for Facetime not Working Error. Let us look into the history of FaceTime and how FaceTime came into existence. FaceTime was launched in 2010 by the then-CEO Steve Jobs in a keynote speech at Apple Worldwide Developers Conference. The FaceTime was for a time in the beta version and became a paid application on the Mac Apple store for $0.99.
The company initially intended the application to be free but then the Sarbanes-Oxley Act compelled it to keep its premium. It was at first only activated for 3G customers and with the passage became available to the 4G customers as well. You cannot ignore the fact that Apple Inc. has its own way of marketing products. It looks weird in the starting phase but in the long run, shuts the mouths of the high-end critics too.
People love to use Apple products no matter what. It gives a feeling of class to them. With every launch of its products, especially the iPhones series, one could notice the sequence by which its accessories are coming, that are only compatible with iOS devices and Mac Computers. This, in the long run, could be a threat to Android-based mobile manufacturing companies. The Apple Inc. is already on its way to create a monopoly in the electronic market.
Must Read: How to Download Facetime for PC on Windows?
Facetime is now a free application and is available on the Mac Apple store. This app specializes in one-to-one video chatting experience rather that of Skype. You get a High-definition video quality automatically when you are talking to another individual. This could cost you high if you are on a cellular data but it is worth it. This statement might force you to give a weird look at Apple; the FaceTime application isn’t available to all countries. In other words, iPhone users in countries like Jordan UAE, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia aren’t provided the facility to utilize the app. It is still interesting to know that Apple complains the carrier for its resistance to avail this facility.