FaceTime allows you to make free video calls over the internet. In case you find your FaceTime not working, you can refer to the guidelines mentioned below to get to the root of the cause. FaceTime is one of the best video calling applications available on iOS. Many users prefer to use this application to make audio calls over their regular cellular feature. But if you face some issue that doesn’t allow you to make calls using FaceTime, you might need to troubleshoot the error to get it fixed.
Also Read: FaceTime for PC Windows
Unable to Make FaceTime calls on your iPad or iPhone?
There are several reasons why you might face the ‘FaceTime Not Working’ issue.
- FaceTime isn’t available on your device if you purchased it from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and UAE. However, with the iOS 11.3 update, Saudi Arabia users can use FaceTime on their iPhones.
- You cannot forward a call on FaceTime
- FaceTime as well as FaceTime audio might not be available in certain parts of the world or with certain carriers.
- Your iOS device might not be running the latest version of FaceTime
- You might have signed in using an incorrect Apple ID
- You might not be connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network
Check Your Wi-Fi and Mobile Connection
The first thing that you should do if you find your FaceTime not working is to check your network connectivity. Check that your Wi-Fi router is switched on. If it is switched on then check whether the Wi-Fi option on your phone is on. If you are using your Wi-Fi, then go to
Settings — Wi-Fi on iOS device and system Preferences — Network on Mac OS X.
Check the settings that correspond to your local router. If you are using your mobile data then go to Settingsà Mobile Data and see it is turned on.
Update Your Software
Update your device software on all your iOS and Mac OS X. It might be possible that FaceTime might have been made compatible with the latest software update. To check the version of your iOS is updated or not, go to
Settings — General— Software Update
In 2014 April, there was an issue with FaceTime devices unable to make or receive calls because of expired device certificates.
Check your Apple ID to see if you have Signed in the with Right One
Check the ID that you have used to sign in to your FaceTime account. Go to
Settings à FaceTime and check Apple ID
FaceTime Not Working: Activation Trouble
If you Sign into FaceTime and see a message that says ‘Waiting for Activation’ then you need to follow these steps. Turn off FaceTime, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
To reset FaceTime on your iOS Device: go to Settings — FaceTime and set it off. Turn it on after a little while.
To reset FaceTime on your Mac: Open the FaceTime Application. Go To FaceTime — Preferences. Set the FaceTime Off and then turn it back on.
FaceTime Not Working on iOS 10 and above?
Delete the FaceTime application on your device it. Reinstall the application after a while.
- Tap the FaceTime app and hold it for a while until the icon starts jiggling. Tap on ‘X’ to remove the app.
- In order to reinstall FaceTime on your device, go to App store and type ‘FaceTime’ in the search bar. FaceTime will reappear on your home screen once it is reinstalled.
- Add your Apple ID to it along with your phone number to reactivate it.
FaceTime Showing a Black Screen?
Sometimes it happens that you can view the person at the other end but somehow, your camera isn’t working and a black screen is shown instead. If you face this ‘FaceTime not Working’ issue, then close all other open applications that have access to your device’s camera. Double press the home button. Close FaceTime’s app preview as well.
Missing FaceTime Application on your Device?
- Check if you have the latest version of iOS installed on your device.
- Go to Settings à General à Restrictions and check if FaceTime and Camera are on. If you had disabled your camera, the FaceTime app would be automatically disabled.
- If you still face the issue, try restarting your device to see if the problem is resolved.
If you have ever faced an issue while working on your FaceTime application then you can refer to the above article to see the possible solution to your problem. In case you still find your FaceTime not working, you should contact Apple’s customer support to find out the actual reason behind it. The customer service from Apple is quite prompt and they’ll be more than happy to help you resolve your problem. If you have an Apple Store in your city, you could take your device to them and let them take care of the problem.